With your involvement, our team will work with you to make your stay and recovery as smooth as possible.
We encourage you to be involved in your care. Please ask questions, tell us your concerns, hopes, and needs related to your care, treatment, services or any patient safety issues. With your involvement, our team of nurses, doctors, technologists, technicians, therapists and support staff will work with you to make your stay and recovery as smooth as possible.
As a patient of Community Hospital of Huntington Park, you have certain rights, including the right to impartial access to treatment, the right to privacy and the right to refuse any treatment. But what should happen if you became too sick to make your own medical decisions? Do you have an Advance Directive or a Living Will? If not, we recommend that you speak with our Social Service Department to obtain a booklet called the Five Wishes. This booklet will answer many of your end-of-life questions as well as helping you formulate an Advanced Directive. Completing the Five Wishes will ensure that your loved ones are able to support your wishes regarding your care.
View Your Patient Rights:
As a patient of Community Hospital of Huntington Park, you can contribute effectively in your healthcare by sharing accurate and complete information about present complaints, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications, and other matters relating to your health. So that you may contribute effectively to your healthcare, you have, as a patient or patient’s representative, the following responsibilities:
- Be honest and as accurate as possible when asked for information about your medical history and everything that happens to you as a patient.
- Participate actively in agreed-upon decisions regarding your health.
- Notify your doctor or nurse if you have any concern about your care and if you notice, or think you notice, or perceive any changes in your health.
- Ask promptly for clarification if you do not understand what is asked of you, or why it is asked.
- Let your doctor or nurse know if you are concerned about a treatment, or if you feel you cannot, or will not, follow a certain treatment plan and to be responsible for the consequences if you refuse treatment or do not follow instructions.
- Examine your bill and ask any questions you may have regarding the charges or methods of payments, and for assuring that the financial obligations of your health care are fulfilled as promptly as possible.
- Follow hospital rules and regulations affecting patient care and conduct, to be considerate of other patients and hospital staff and their property, and for assisting in controlling the noise and number of your visitors.
- Provide the hospital with a copy of any advance directives you may have executed.
- Contribute to a safe environment of care, therefore the following is prohibited:
- Possession of weapons, dangerous objects, alcohol, illegal drugs, and drugs not prescribed by the patient’s physician.
- Visiting while under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
The hospital’s obligation to provide a safe environment for patient care must override the patient’s right to privacy.
Do you have questions about your rights and responsibilities? We are here for you!
Social Services Department:
(323) 583-1931 x2319
Huntington Park, CA 90255 2623 E. Slauson Ave.,