Coronavirus Updates For Family and Visitors
Your health and well-being are our priority. All infection control policies and procedures have been and will continue to be active throughout the lifespan of the coronavirus and influenza season.
We have implemented several additional policies and procedures to address the coronavirus (COVID-19) health risk within our hospital. We ask for your patience as we continue to implement these policies over the coming weeks and as the situation may evolve.
What we are doing:
- Restricting visitors. and call our main line for the most up to date visitor information.
- Screening patients, support persons and employees for signs of virus and masking as needed.
- Restricting access to those with signs of virus and/or those that have traveled to high-risk areas in our country and outside of the United States.
- Masking patients with signs of virus and implementing isolation and COVID-19 testing.
- Enhancing hospital sanitation efforts by increasing the number of thorough cleanings.
- Ensuring hand sanitizer is readily available throughout the hospital.
- Closely monitoring hospital supplies and emergency equipment to ensure adequate coverage of patient needs.
- Closely monitoring the advice and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Educating our employees on preventative measures provided by the CDC.
We will be monitoring this situation very closely with the major health organizations and local experts and will provide updates as needed.
View Coronavirus FAQs.
ATTENTION ALL PATIENTS AND VISITORS
If you have:
- Traveled outside of the United States or
- Had close contact with someone who recently traveled outside of the United States and was SICK
And now you have:
- Trouble Breathing
PLEASE TELL HEALTHCARE STAFF IMMEDIATELY!
VISITORS: IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING ANY SYMPTOMS OF CORONAVIRUS, PLEASE STAY HOME AND CONTACT YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY.
PLEASE CHECK THE CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL (CDC) WEBSITE FREQUENTLY FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT COVID-19.
Is COVID-19 Testing Available at the Hospital?
We offer COVID testing for emergency room patients who:
- have symptoms
- have been in close contact with an infected person
- meet other qualifying criteria
Please keep in mind that general testing may be available through your primary care physician.
COVID-19 Informational Video: Protecting Your Family from COVID-19 by Dr. David Price. Watch video here.
Dr. Price is a critical care pulmonologist caring for COVID-19 patients all day in NYC at Weill Cornell Hospital. This video is for informational purposes only.
Access Important Documents for the Centers for Disease Control (CDC):
- How it Spreads
- Prevention & Treatments
- Stigma and COVID-19
- What to do if you are sick
- Frequently Asked Questions
- People at Higher Risk for COVID-19 Complications (older adults with chronic medical conditions, pregnant women and children)
Access the County of Los Angeles Public Health Department Resources here.